Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
This jalapeño popper chicken soup packs in all the spice and creaminess of a jalapeño popper in every bite.
- 4 chicken breasts (shredded or cubed) cooked
- 3 medium jalapeños diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
In a medium stockpot, add the butter, jalapeños, green onions, and garlic. Sauté on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the cream, broth, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and spices and reduce to low heat. Allow the cheese and cream cheese to melt, stirring occasionally until fully combined.
Add the shredded chicken and then cover and let simmer on low heat for 6-8 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- You can cook the chicken however you choose -- grill, boil, instant pot, crockpot, etc.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh diced green onions or jalapeños
- For less spice, remove the seeds from the jalapeños before sautéeing them
Serving: 1cupCalories: 518kcal