The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter blossom cookies are one of my all-time favorite cookies! I love this recipe because, first of all, peanut butter and chocolate are the dynamic duo of the dessert world. (It’s also far superior to PB&J in my opinion, haha.)
Second, the recipe is super simple and quick to make. Whether you’re bringing a dessert to a get-together or whipping up a treat to enjoy at home, peanut butter cookies with kisses on top are the perfect go-to.
I do have a confession to make about these peanut butter cookies. Growing up, I LOVED these cookies but never knew what they were called.
I always referred to them as “the peanut butter cookies with Hershey’s kisses on top.” Although that mouth full does have a nice ring to it, I decided that I better start using their proper name, peanut butter blossoms.
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips for making the perfect peanut butter blossoms:
- Chill the dough. Chill your dough in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes before baking. This will help keep the cookies from spreading.
- Refrigerate the Hershey’s kisses. Keep the kisses chilled in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them. This keeps them from melting too much when you press them into the warm cookies.
- Get creative. Swap out the Hershey’s kisses for other candy like Reese’s miniature cups, miniature Hershey’s bars, Dove chocolates, or Rolos.
Get Free Recipes and Discount Codes Sent Right to Your Inbox!
As a subscriber of The Curly Spoon, you’ll get new recipes sent right to your inbox along with discount codes for some of our favorite products. Sign up now!
Peanut Butter BlossomsJune 12, 2021
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 24 Hershey's chocolate kisses
- ½ cup granulated sugar for coating
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 1-2 minutes on high speed until smooth. Mix in the granulated and brown sugars and mix until completely creamed with the butter.
- Beat the egg and vanilla extract into the creamed butter and sugar, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the peanut butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until fully combined. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. (Put your unwrapped kisses in the fridge to chill as well).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Once the dough is chilled, roll into 2-inch balls and coat in granulated sugar. Place dough balls on a baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the tops begin to crack slightly. Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into the top of each cookie. Place the baking sheets in the freezer for about 10 minutes to keep the chocolate kisses from fully melting. Remove from the freezer and enjoy.