A Sweet Fall Drink
Fall has arrived and so have all the pumpkin flavored desserts, drinks, and foods of every kind. One of my favorite pumpkin treats is this pumpkin pie smoothie that I love to make once the weather gets cooler.
Not only is this an incredible fall smoothie recipe, but it is so easy to make. When you’re craving pumpkin pie but you only have 10 minutes, this pumpkin pie smoothie recipe will swoop in and satisfy your pumpkin cravings.
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
When fall rolls around, our house somehow turns into a never ending stream of candy, baked goods, and food galore. As delicious as it is, sometimes I need a little balance to avoid getting a serious food coma before thanksgiving. This is one reason why I love this pumpkin pie smoothie.
The recipe can be as healthy or indulgent as you want with just a few easy swaps. Here are a few things that I do when I want to make my pumpkin pie smoothie on the healthier side.
- I like to use Bluebell’s no sugar added vanilla ice cream. If Bluebell isn’t available in your area, the carb smart vanilla ice cream by Breyer’s is another option that is lower in calories and sugar.
- Using unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice) is another way you can adjust this recipe to best meet your needs.
- If you do use a no sugar added ice cream or milk option and want to increase the sweetness of your smoothie, you can use zero or low calorie sweeteners like Splenda, sucralose sweet drops, etc.
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
A Pumpkin Shake?
I like to call this a pumpkin pie smoothie recipe because the consistency is more like a smoothie in my opinion. However, if you add a little more ice cream, you would definitely have yourself an incredible pumpkin pie milkshake.
After you’ve made the recipe once, you can make easy adjustments to your liking. If you want a thick pumpkin pie shake, add a little more ice cream and ice. You can also add a graham cracker or two to give your shake more texture.
Get Free Recipes and Discount Codes Sent Right to Your Inbox!
As a subscriber of The Curly Spoon, you’ll get new recipes sent right to your inbox along with discount codes for some of our favorite products. Sign up now!
Smoothie Tools You Need: Click To View
Pumpkin Pie SmoothieOctober 4, 2021
- ¾ cup 2% milk or milk of choice
- ⅓ cup pumpkin purée
- ⅔ cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- ½ banana frozen
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ice
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Pour milk into the blender. Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!