Chick-fil-a Copycat Recipe
If I’m being honest, one of my favorite things about the holidays is the incredibly delicious peppermint chocolate chip milkshake from Chick-Fil-A. After trying it for the first time, I was absolutely hooked and craving it all the time.
When the holidays were over, I was heartbroken that I’d have to wait another year for the peppermint shake to come back. It was then that I decided to create a copycat Chick-Fil-A peppermint milkshake recipe so that I could enjoy this little taste of Christmas whenever I wanted.
Making the peppermint chocolate chip milkshake at home gives you the most bang for your buck and is also a fun activity to do with friends and family during the holidays. All you need is 5 minutes and a few simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
What is a Chick-fil-a Peppermint Shake?
This staple holiday milkshake from Chick-Fil-A is definitely a crowd favorite. Loaded with sweet peppermint, creamy ice cream, and chocolate chunks, it is the epitome of Christmas. The downside is that it's only available at Chick-Fil-A a few months out of the year.
You can't go wrong with this copycat recipe because it allows you to achieve the amazing flavor of this holiday shake at home in no time. Plus, if you're like me, it's a major money-saver since I could literally drink one of these on the daily during the Christmas season.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
The iconic seasonal Chick-Fil-A peppermint shake is a delicious treat that I’ve always wished would last all year long. Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love this copycat recipe.
- It takes just 5 minutes to make
- It’s the perfect no-bake dessert
- Enjoy the Chick-Fil-A peppermint shake all year long
- Save money by making the milkshake at home
- It tastes like Christmas in a glass
This peppermint chocolate chip milkshake recipe is one of my favorites because I can make it in just 5 minutes in the comfort of my own kitchen. You should be able to find all the ingredients you’ll need at your local grocery store. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vanilla ice cream: Ice cream is an essential ingredient in any thick and delicious milkshake.
- Milk of choice: Add a little bit of milk as needed to give a smooth texture to your shake. For an extra thick shake, you could forgo the milk altogether.
- Chocolate chips: To recreate the Chick Fil A peppermint chocolate chip milkshake, you’ll need chocolate tips to get the right taste and texture. The chocolate adds an incredible element that pairs perfectly with peppermint.
- 10 hard peppermint candies: Peppermint candies are full of minty flavor, and they give the milkshake that signature pink color.
- Whipped cream for topping (optional): You can use canned whipped cream or homemade to top your milkshake.
- Extra mints to crush for topping (optional): Grab a few extra peppermint candies and crush them up to sprinkle on top of your milkshake for garnish.
Milkshake Tools We Love: Click To View
How To Make A Peppermint Shake
You can easily mix up this milkshake in the blender in just 5 minutes. Start by adding the vanilla ice cream to the blender. Then, add the peppermint candies and chocolate chips.
Blend all of the ingredients together until they are fully combined. If needed, add a few tablespoons of milk to the milkshake to thin out the consistency. For a thicker milkshake, you can omit the milk altogether.
Once the desired consistency is reached, pour the milkshake into a glass. Top it with whipped cream and crushed peppermints and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Keep the ice cream freezer until you're ready to use it: To make sure you milkshake it extra thick, you should keep the ice cream in the freezer until right before adding it to the blender. I like to scoop out the amount I need into a bowl and then put it back into the freezer until I'm ready for it.
Pulse blender if needed: Depending on your blender, you may need to use the pulse button to combine the ingredients a little at a time. Over-blending can dilute the pink color and break up the chocolate chips too much.
Crush the peppermints in advance: Depending on your blender, it may take a lot of blending to adequately crush the peppermints. Too much blending can make your milkshake too thin. That said, crushing the peppermints before adding them to the blender can reduce the amount of blending needed.
Get Free Recipes and Discount Codes Sent Right to Your Inbox!
As a subscriber of The Curly Spoon, you’ll get new recipes sent right to your inbox along with discount codes for some of our favorite products. Sign up now!
Copycat Chick Fil A Peppermint MilkshakeDecember 8, 2021
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup milk of choice optional
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 10 hard peppermint candies
- whipped cream for topping
- extra mints to crush for topping
- In a blender, add the ice cream, chocolate chips, and peppermint candies. Blend until the ingredients are fully combined. The peppermints and chocolate chips should be blended into very small peices.
- If needed, add in the milk a few tablespoons at a time to thin out the consistency. For a thicker milkshake, omit the milk.
- Pour into a glass, add whipped, and crushed peppermints if desired. Enjoy!
- Omit the milk for an extra thick milkshake
- If you add too much milk, add more ice cream to thicken it
- If needed, crush the peppermints before adding them to the blender to reduce blending time for a thicker milkshake
- You can use candy canes in place of peppermints
- You can use peppermint ice cream instead of vanilla if desired
- You can swap out the peppermints and chocolate chips for peppermint bark