The Best Homemade Milkshake
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are so many things to love about this creamy milkshake recipe, but here are just a few:
- It's made with just 3 simple ingredients
- Your trusty blender is all you need
- You can whip it up in 5 minutes or less
- It is extra thick and creamy
- You can easily add extra flavors and toppings
Here’s what you’ll need to make a homemade strawberry banana milkshake with ice cream:
How To Make This Recipe
prepare the ingredients
You can use pre-frozen strawberries and bananas or freeze your own ahead of time. If you are freezing your fresh fruit, peel your banana and cut the tops of your strawberries beforehand.
blend the ingredients
Start by adding the ice cream and the frozen fruit to a high-speed blender.
You can either press the milkshake/ice cream button on your blender or use the pulse button to slowly combine the ingredients. Be sure to blend until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
For an even thicker milkshake, you can add one or two extra scoops of vanilla ice cream. For a milkshake with a slightly thinner consistency, add a few tablespoons of milk. Whole milk is a great option because it keeps the texture creamy.
garnish and serve
Pour your creamy strawberry banana milkshake into a serving glass and add your favorite toppings. Some of the best ways to top this shake are with a drizzle of strawberry syrup, chocolate shavings, and extra strawberries!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Making Milkshakes In A Blender
Get Free Recipes and Discount Codes Sent Right to Your Inbox!
As a subscriber of The Curly Spoon, you’ll get new recipes sent right to your inbox along with discount codes for some of our favorite products. Sign up now!
This classic strawberry banana milkshake recipe is delicious as is. However, it can be fun to switch things up and explore new flavors. These are some of my favorite recipe variations.
- Use strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla
- Add ice, milk, and vanilla protein powder instead of ice cream to turn this into a banana strawberry smoothie.
- Add cocoa powder for a chocolate strawberry banana milkshake
- Use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla
- Add in a spoonful of peanut butter
If you like adding lots of toppings to your milkshakes like I do, here are some topping ideas you might like:
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh banana slices
- Nilla wafers
- Chocolate drizzle
- Strawberry sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Crushed graham crackers
Whipped Cream For Milkshake
Easy Strawberry Banana Milkshake (With Ice Cream)February 28, 2024
- 1 Blender
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, add the vanilla ice cream, frozen strawberries, and frozen banana.
- Use the milkshake/ice cream button on your blender to mix ingredients.
- Pour milkshake into a glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
- Make sure the fruit and ice cream are frozen thoroughly before adding them to the blender for a super thick consistency.
- If your milkshake is too thick, add milk in small amounts until your milkshake is as thick as you prefer.