A Brownie Lover's Dream
If you’ve ever tried magic cookie bars, you know what an amazing treat they are and how easy they are to whip up. Now imagine a delicious magic cookie bar inspired topping on the best brownies you’ve ever had. That’s what we mean when we say magic brownie bars.
These dessert bars consist of our favorite homemade brownie recipe topped with crushed graham crackers, a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. If you’re looking for something a little more exciting than a classic brownie, these are just the thing.
This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
Sweet treats and desserts are delicious when they’re done right, but sometimes when you’re combining two desserts into one final product, it can be easy to overdo it. To avoid creating a dessert that you can only have one bite of before feeling a sugar overload, here are a few things to remember when making your magic brownie bars:
Ratio is key: The topping for these brownie bars is inspired by the classic magic cookie bar dessert, which is traditionally made up of a graham cracker crust, a layer of sweetened condensed milk, another layer of milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, shredded coconut, nuts, and then finally more sweetened condensed milk added to the top.
The layers are then baked into a delicious dessert known as magic cookie bars. It’s amazing! However, when making your magic brownie bars, remember that the brownie topping is just inspired by these flavors and isn’t an entire magic cookie bar on top of a brownie haha.
The right brownie recipe is everything: When making your dessert bars, using the right brownie recipe is essential. We always use our homemade brownie recipe and add the magic brownie bar topping instead of the chocolate frosting.
If you love brownies, you have to try this homemade brownie recipe! These brownies are unlike anything you’ve ever tried and are out of this world!
Get Free Recipes and Discount Codes Sent Right to Your Inbox!
As a subscriber of The Curly Spoon, you’ll get new recipes sent right to your inbox along with discount codes for some of our favorite products. Sign up now!
Magic Brownie BarsAugust 18, 2021
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour substitute all-purpose flour if desired
- ½ teaspoon salt
FOR THE TOPPING
- 6 Graham Cracker sheets crushed
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 18×13 inch sheet pan. (I recommend the Nordic Ware Baker’s Half Sheet.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, vanilla, and cocoa. Then, beat in the eggs.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in the sifted flour and salt. Mix until fully combined, scraping the sides down as needed. Pour the batter into the greased pan and spread it evenly.
- Crush the graham crackers and sprinkle them over the top of the batter. Then, drizzle the sweetened condensed milk on top. Next, add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and shredded coconut, evenly covering the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and then let them cool slightly and enjoy!